Thursday 10 January 2013

Happy legs

This morning I went to the gym before work.  The focus was on legs and included 1000m on the rower and 10 minutes each on the elliptical and bike.  My legs felt great.  In fact, they didn't feel like my legs at all.  Where have all the niggles gone?  It feels...unnatural...wrong...disconcerting to have legs that just go about their business without demanding attention or trying to make me cry.  Weird.  Very weird.

Tomorrow, I'm meant to be doing a 5 mile run with two of those miles at a 9:27 pace.  I'm sceptical about my ability to do that, unless I find some downhill sections.  Or unless my new and improved legs also come with new and improved speed, which would be too much to hope for.  I suspect that I'll trundle along at a safe pace as usual, with occasional bits of pretending that I'm doing speed work, but it makes me happy to imagine that the day might be coming when I can do proper training again.

Janathon Day 10:

Number of muscle groups worked:  5
Total number of sets:  15
Total number of reps:  150
Total cardio time:  30.5 minutes
Number of niggles:  0
Number of happy legs:  2

Possibly tempting the Running Gods

No comments:

Post a Comment